Patrick and Christophe Bonnefond

Patrick and Christophe have managed the domaine since 1990 and have quietly been refining their style since. They are now producing some of the most elegant Northern Rhônes - highly expressive on the nose, full of finesse and complexity, and perfectly balanced.

The cellars are in the commune of Mornas. The vineyards, however, are located in some of the very best sites on the hillside - Les Rochains on the Cote Brune just next to Guigal's La Landonne.  They are producing 300 cases per vintage of the Les Rochains, from 50-year old,100% Syrah vines.  The Colline de Couzou was first produced in 2009.  Bonnefond harvests late, to obtain maximum ripeness. The entire crop is destemmed. Their terroir is mostly schist, mica and granite soils.

Vinification takes place in stainless steel tanks. For Les Rochains, the wines are aged in as much as 90% new, French oak barrels, with the remaining 10% of the harvest aged in new, American oak barrels for between 18 to 24 months. The wine displays rich textures, good freshness and lush textures.  Cote Rotie is always expensive, due to its high quality and low production.

Click here to purchase P et C Bonnefond wines!

Subscribe to Our Newsletter

Exceptional Wines

Great Values

Outstanding Service